Friday 1 April 2011

'Layers' - My first Ceramics and Jewellery Brief.


My ceramic plate using earthenware clay created for my 'Layers' brief. I was taught a range of differnt techniques and decided press mould would be most suitable for the look Iwanted to create.

My inspiration for the textures and shape came from the inside of a tree.
I looked at images like this...

...from http://www.heartwoodconstruction.co.uk/about.




For the jewellery part of my brief I first learnt many basic techniques creating different shapes thinking about what I could create. Our brief specified that we had to produce a brooch showing off our skills.
I used sweat soldering, polishing, pationation, drilling, sewing into metal, creating texture in the rolling mill and creating a brooch back to construct my brooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment