Wednesday 13 February 2013



recently i have been carrying on with more and more testing for my final major project

i havent put any images on of what  have been doing for a while so i thought id give an update..

i went on two trips to industrial sites to take more photo to work from...












i have been continuing to look at knitting and how i can create new looks...










i am using knitting and stretching it across spot welded shapes, 3d and 2d and looking at the lines i can make.



i have also been experimenting with coloured clay looking at what shades of grey and black i can make.








with the coloured clay i have also been doing alot of tests aiming at making full ceramic rings...


im excited about these as i have wanted to do these since my 2nd year of uni.

i have also been looking at designs i can create from my samples so far.

i have decided i would like to do a range of quirky, strange jewellery which adorn the body in not necessarily the normal ways. i am also going to do some small pieces such as rings as less expensive pieces also as part of my jewellery range.

i have looked at the markets and what is already available and created mood boards to inspire me but also to make sure my work is unique...



as i haven't worked with some of the materials in depth before i will also be doing wear tests to see how the jewellery reacts to my skin and how i feel wearing it.



i am thinking about how the jewellery is against the structure of the body.









it has also been my birthday recently and my friend rosie gave me some nice pressies i thought id share!


rosie is a textiles artist i have known for about 5 years now and i love her work!



to have a look go to her blog or facebook...

http://rosebudcasson.blogspot.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rosie-Casson-Textiles/410705909001686?fref=ts


she also got me a brooch by layla amber
here is her website... www.layla-amber.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment